GEORGE CLOONEY AFICIONADOS

A George Clooney forum for, and by, his fans.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Aficionados Facebook  Aficionados Twitter  Aficionados Gallery  

Share | 

Closing Aficionados to new memberships

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charley

PostSubject: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:02 pm

We have decided to close new memberships to Aficionados and to cull stagnant and (they think) dual ID memberships. We have always been aware that trolls have lurked within our numbers but until recently they have remained quiet. However it has not gone unnoticed that articles posted by our catie have "coincidentally" appeared elsewhere a short time later, with no credit given. There IS coincidence. But coincidence does not happen on such a regular basis. As with all forums, there is a core group who are the mainstay of Aficionados and it is these members we are thinking of with this decision. They do not deserve to have what is essentially THEIR forum tuned into somewhere where they do not feel comfortable.

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:23 pm

So it is done? Thanks Charley!
Back to top Go down
Olivetree

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:51 pm

That is better ,thanks .

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:19 am

Thanks Charley!
Back to top Go down
bkauss

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Thank you for keeping me. I know that I'm not a frequent poster, but I do enjoy being a part of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Mercado

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:26 pm

That's ok we simply deleted people who had joined and not visited in a certain amount of time. It is also a way to keep trolls out especially if they were recently banned and were trying again. We have never been about numbers I don't think having a thousand or more posters mean much if only a handful are actually posting. It looks very odd.

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:38 pm

I agree whole heartedly.
Back to top Go down
Mercado

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 am

Due to trolls etc we chose to shut down on any new requests. We are sorry for those of you who have really wanted to join and there is a chance we will open up again. We don't play with trolls they tend wreck forums, make people uncomfortable and cause way too much drama.

Mercado

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:56 am

Back to top Go down
Seth

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:29 am

Great forum.  Wish it was open view for public to read fabulous opinions shared here about Clooney & his public image. All the fake PR spinning...
No sites exist exposing him. I mean, really exposing truth about George Clooney…

Wouldn't that be great...

Back to top Go down
maggy

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:23 am

Hi Seth! Missed seeing you here.

I agree too.
Back to top Go down
Mercado

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:10 am

I will have a chat with Charlie. How many want the site opened again? It will by request like before.

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks, Maggy.

I mean it would be great if public could read these perceptive insights shared here, if possible.
Even in search engine returns.
No serious site exists yet openly criticizing Clooney.
Back to top Go down
Mercado

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:01 pm

We can and will open it up the way it was before. You simply request and you can get through. We can't fully open the board the trolls and there are other issues we have to consider. Some photo agencies get very cranky about sites using their images so it's better for everyone if we keep that way.

PostSubject: Re: Closing Aficionados to new memberships   

Back to top Go down

Closing Aficionados to new memberships
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GEORGE CLOONEY AFICIONADOS :: WELCOME TO GEORGE CLOONEY AFICIONADOS :: All About Aficionados-
Jump to: